Saturday 21 November 2015

Crazy catch up posts

I don't even know how I got this far behind.  My phone is full of photos that were intended for blog posts and are now languishing selfishly, taking up space I need for important functions like Words With Friends.  So....I'm gonna back-date and rely on memory for my original intent.

Back to October 17th, my first real social function after Thanksgiving.  We went after dinner to our friends' place for drinks and snacks, along with the requisite gossiping about those who didn't make it.  Kidding.  Sort of.  We had been warned that Annike, who is Swedish, was making a "sandwich cake" and to eat lightly.  Having experienced Stu and Annike's hospitality before I took that seriously, and was grateful to heed the warning.  Turns out sandwich cake, or Smörgåstårta  is a popular Scandinavian dish served in many restaurants.  It's a sandwich, but so full of creamy, mayonnaisey filling it more resembles cake.  Fillings vary but usually include eggs and shrimp.  It's gorgeous, probably horribly fattening, and absolutely delicious.

My veggie plates never look like Annike's  I'm keeping this as a reference!


I figure your heart health and weight are your own business so I'm including a copy of Annike's recipe here, with her permission.  Seriously, you have to try this at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment